Do you want to learn SAP Hana Cloud? Keep reading. Here I have explained what is SAP Hana Cloud, its features of SAP Hana cloud, Components of SAP Hana Cloud. Also, I have explained, how SAP Hana Cloud works.
Intro to SAP HANA cloud
With SAP HANA Cloud, enterprises can access, store, and process all their data in real time from a single platform.
- This cloud-native solution harnesses the power and performance of SAP HANA while providing complete capabilities for managing data storage, virtualization, and running high-performance applications.
- SAP HANA Cloud delivers all of the powerful SAP HANA technologies for processing multi-model data either in-memory or on disk.
- Whether used as a standalone solution or integrated with an on-premises environment, it provides the benefits of the cloud, including automatic software updates, scalability, and cost-effectiveness.
- With SAP HANA Cloud, users can leverage these features to optimize their data processing and unlock new insights from their enterprise data.
- SAP HANA Cloud enables the creation and management of SAP HANA databases that can be linked to applications running on SAP Business Technology Platform (SAP BTP) or other platforms.
- A variety of languages and interfaces can be used to access the SAP HANA databases, and SAP HANA Cloud provides a suite of tools to build applications and models.
In addition, SAP HANA Cloud offers options for managing the storage and accessibility of data, depending on performance requirements.
Features of SAP HANA cloud
The following are the some of features that exist in the SAP HANA cloud:
- Set up a new instance on SAP HANA Cloud or remove an existing SAP HANA Cloud instance.
Scale system load
- Employ multicore technology for enhanced performance optimization and parallel processing and manage the internal workload of your database
Ensure availability through backup and recovery
- SAP provides the advantages of having backup and recovery options, as well as guaranteed availability.
Monitor database and troubleshoot
- The monitoring infrastructure collects information that enables the monitoring of system status, performance, and resource consumption.
- Additionally, tracing and diagnostic tools are used to perform troubleshooting, error diagnosis, and problem analysis.
- Using the tools offered by SAP Business Application Studio, you can develop models and applications.
- The SAP BTP, Cloud Foundry environment supports various programming languages for application development.
- To expose data in SAP HANA Cloud, you can use OData. Additionally, SQL and SQLScript can be used to create procedures and stored procedures.
- You can connect your SAP HANA Cloud instances with applications running on SAP BTP.
Access SAP HANA Cloud
- It can also be accessed from various operating systems such as Windows, Linux, macOS, and UNIX.
Components of SAP HANA cloud
The following components constitute SAP HANA Cloud:
- SAP HANA database: In SAP HANA Cloud, the SAP HANA database is utilized as an in-memory database that offers advanced technologies for multi-model data processing, including spatial, JSON document store, and graph.
- Data lake: SAP HANA Cloud’s data lake functions as a central repository where structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data can be stored and analyzed. Furthermore, it offers powerful analytical capabilities for large volumes of relational data, which can reach the petabyte scale.
How SAP HANA cloud works
SAP HANA Cloud is a cloud-based data management and analytics platform that works by using the power of in-memory computing. Here is how SAP HANA Cloud works:
- Provisioning: The first step is to provision the SAP HANA Cloud instance by selecting the required cloud provider, region, and plan. Once the instance is provisioned, the user can access it through the SAP HANA Cloud cockpit.
- Data modeling: The next step is to create a data model in SAP HANA Cloud. This involves defining tables, views, and procedures to represent the business data and logic.
- Data Integration: SAP HANA Cloud enables businesses to connect and integrate data from multiple sources such as databases, applications, and files. This is done using data integration tools that enable businesses to cleanse, transform, and enrich their data.
- In-Memory Database: Once data is integrated, it is stored in the in-memory database, which enables faster data processing and real-time analytics. The in-memory database stores data in columns rather than rows, which enables faster retrieval of data.
- Application development: With the data model and data integration in place, the user can start developing applications in SAP HANA Cloud. This can be done using SAP’s application development tools, such as SAP Web IDE or SAP Business Application Studio.
- Deployment: Once the application is developed, it can be deployed to SAP HANA Cloud using various deployment options, such as Cloud Foundry or Kubernetes.
- Monitoring and management: Finally, SAP HANA Cloud provides various monitoring and management tools to monitor the performance and health of the application and the underlying infrastructure.
In this SAP HANA cloud tutorial, we have covered what is SAP HANA cloud, SAP Hana cloud features and components, also how SAP Hana cloud works.
- Introduction to SAP HANA cloud
- Features of SAP HANA cloud
- Components of SAP HANA cloud
- How SAP HANA cloud works
You may also like:
- How to Install SAP HANA
- SAP S/4HANA [Features, Advantages & Disadvantages]
- How to Create a Database Instance in SAP HANA Cloud
I am Chris Waldron, working as a Senior SAP HANA Consultant at Halliburton, Houston, Texas, United States. I have been working in SAP for more than 15 years, especially in SAP IT consulting and business consulting. I worked in various industries in Sales & Distribution, Customer Relationship Management, banking, Risk Management, etc. And I am an SAP Certified Development Specialist – ABAP for SAP HANA 2.0 and SAP HANA Modeling Certified consultant. Read more